Le Forum des Éternels
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TV LED 32” Continental Edison CELED32SAHD24B3
139.99 €
Voir le deal

TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre)

Page 1 sur 3 1, 2, 3  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre) Empty TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre)

Message par Pietro Mar 28 Juin 2016, 19:22

San Francisco Bay Area metal veterans TESTAMENT have set an October 28 release date for their new album, "The Brotherhood Of The Snake". Guitarist Eric Peterson told Metal Maniac about the new disc (see video below): "It's finished — recorded, done — and it's now on its way to [British producer] Andy Sneap to get mixed.

"It came out really, really good," he added. "I'm really happy with it. It's very diverse, but it's very epic. There's nothing on there that breeds commercial. And I think for thirty years of recording music and trying different formulas and stuff, I think we've found a formula that is very metal. I think for the metal fan that is looking for something for the nook and crannies… not just your normal, 'Oh, it's got a thrash beat and a riff.' There's a lot going on here. And just the title: 'The Brotherhood Of The Snake'. You're gonna expect something more in-depth. It's not, like, 'Satan's Death' or 'Kill 'Em All'. Well, no, 'Kill 'Em All' is killer. Sorry. But you know what I mean. I mean, it's more in-depth sounding."

Peterson also talked about TESTAMENT's decision to promote "The Brotherhood Of The Snake" with an eight-week European tour this fall as the support act for AMON AMARTH, he said: "A lot of bands wouldn't do this — a band like TESTAMENT opening for AMON AMARTH. A lot of people are, like, 'Huh?' But at the same time, when you think about it, AMON AMARTH is doing great right now, and they're a new band. They're drawing a lot of people, and that's good for TESTAMENT. And they're not so bad; they're fucking pretty good. I like AMON AMARTH, you know. I think they're pretty good. Their new record's pretty good. Not pretty good; it's really good. And if there's a lot of people and they're good venues, why not?"

Peterson previously told Metal Forces about the musical direction of "The Brotherhood Of The Snake": "It's different. This one is more thrash. I mean, this has got some of the fastest stuff that we have ever played. Usually, we have one or two thrash songs, and then we have some mid-tempo, and then we have a slow, heavy one, and then up-tempo kind of stuff. Half of the new record is thrash, which we've never done before. Even with our first record ['The Legacy', 1987] , there's 'Over The Wall' and 'First Strike Is Deadly', but then there's stuff that's back and forth from mid-tempo to thrash like 'Do Or Die' or 'Apocalyptic City'. Full-on thrash though, like six or seven songs, has never been done by us. It's kind of a trip to hear it."

He continued: "It's kind of like 'Demonic' and 'The Gathering', but a little bit wiser, I think. Chuck's [Billy] not singing so death. I mean, he does some death stuff but he's singing more like he did on the last record and then with the craziness of 'The Gathering' or even heavy stuff like 'Demonic'."

Billy echoed Peterson's sentiments, saying "The Brotherhood Of The Snake" "is definitely gonna be geared up to a little more faster than 'Dark Roots Of Earth' record, definitely a little more aggressive musically, for sure, probably vocally as well. I think I'll probably attack with a little more heavier voice on this one. I'll kind of feel my way through the song, which voice to use. But there's definitely gonna be some 'Demonic' [-type] stuff, but again like 'The Gathering', 'cause I think I did a little bit of everything on that record, which that's what we'd like to accomplish."

Chuck also talked about the lyrical themes covered on "The Brotherhood Of The Snake". He explained: "[The title track is] basically about a lot of the early secret societies that started taking over power, trying to control the society and spawned off into illuminatis and stuff like that so it's kind of going back to a lot of that — a lot of human control and religions and the similarities between religions and alien beings and stuff like that. I've been fascinated a lot by a lot of programs that show a lot of different religions and all the writings or hieroglyphics on the walls always have the same type beings with all of these religions. And it makes you think, wow, so long ago, these people didn't know people on the other side of the ocean, but yet they have these common sightings within their religions that they talk about and reference. And it just really was interesting to me, opening my eyes a little more to religion. I was raised Catholic, but growing up and just seeing these connections just really makes me think about all the religions, you know? And the connection between the human race and aliens, it's just really fascinating to me. So we started spotting a lot of ideas for songs off of that."

UNCHAINED - Only Half Alive

UNCHAINED - This is Hell
UNCHAINED - Black as your Soul
UNCHAINED - Conspiracy for Fools
UNCHAINED - The Great Disease (DRUM CAM)

Boutique en ligne UNCHAINED
Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre) Empty Re: TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre)

Message par Invité Mar 28 Juin 2016, 20:17

C'est long. Les gens lisent véritablement tout ça ? :huh?:

The Formation... était pas mal, sans plus.
Dark Roots était plutôt vraiment bien.
Pas de raison d'être déçu d'une nouvelle offrande.

Invité
Invité

TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre) Empty Re: TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre)

Message par Onionizuka Mer 29 Juin 2016, 07:25

Ayant bien aimé Dark Roots of Earth, je l'attends avec curiosité
Onionizuka
Onionizuka

Message par Pietro Ven 12 Aoû 2016, 10:27

On a la pochette !

TESTAMENT - The Brotherhood Of The Snake (28 octobre) 13921069_10157211046935332_1952430000024360614_n

Testament - Brotherhood of the Snake
Art and concept by Eliran Kantor
(2016, Nuclear Blast)

Eric told me of the title, referring to a secret society group - and I wanted to focus on the occult aspect of it without leaning on the already available myths.
I pictured a ritual involving blindfolded figures coming out of chalices of black oil, holding scythes forming the teeth of a 3-headed snake.
Looking for ways to incorporate the masonic pyramid felt like a great opportunity to use the classic logo while adding something new to it, and also give it an active part in the plot.
There are many tiny details adding to the atmosphere: red tongue bookmarks in the books, two more ancient-looking figures in the shadows hinting at the brotherhood's lineage, two serpent-shaped fountain tubes pouring the black oil etc etc. The latter two were suggested by the band.

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par Pingouin Jeu 18 Aoû 2016, 23:15

Et la tracklist !

Disc One :

1. Brotherhood of the Snake
2. The Pale King
3. Stronghold
4. Seven Seals
5. Born in a Rut
6. Centuries of Suffering
7. Neptune's Spear
8. Black Jack
9. Canna-Business ( :huh?: )
10. The Number Game

Disc Two :

1. Ghost
2. Crucify The Dead
3. Beautiful Dangerous
4. Back From Cali
5. Promise
6. By The Sword
7. Gotten
8. Doctor Alibi
9. Watch This
10. I Hold On
11. Nothing To Say
12. Starlight
13. Saint Is A Sinner Too
14. We're All Gonna Die

Pingouin
Pingouin

Message par Pingouin Ven 02 Sep 2016, 18:44

Pingouin
Pingouin

Message par Bixl3r Dim 04 Sep 2016, 11:03

Ba y a pas à tortiller du cul, Testament est LA valeur sure du Thrash since 1980's. J'avais adoré Dark Roots, celui-là à l'air d'être dans la même veine et c'est pas pour me déplaire. Espérons qu'ils réussiront l'exercice difficile du double album sans se planter!!! :metalbeer:
Bixl3r
Bixl3r

Message par Pietro Mar 06 Sep 2016, 11:53

Ça défonce comme prévu, je crois que c'est l'album que j'attends avec le plus d'impatience pour la fin d'année ! :kiss:

Par contre le double album c'était une blague de Pingouin, remember la tracklist du 1er album solo de Slash. :lol:

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par Sven Mar 06 Sep 2016, 13:34

On se fera avoir à chaque fois :lol:

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Sven
Sven
Doctor No Comprendo

http://www.leseternels.net

Message par painlesslady Mar 06 Sep 2016, 13:54

Haha j'aurais dû me douter. Pingouin qui poste une tracklist, c'est plus que suspect.
En tous cas, ce nouveau morceau de Testament envoie bien comme il faut.

Type O Positive

Message par S1phonique Sam 10 Sep 2016, 22:46

En patientant repassons nous quelques clips du passé.
Un indien dans la ville qui se cherche...

S1phonique
Chauve No Mercy

http://leseternels.net

Message par Bixl3r Lun 12 Sep 2016, 10:45

Je ne peux que plussoier sur le choix du titre correspondant à une époque du groupe très très cool! :papi:
Bixl3r
Bixl3r

Message par Pietro Lun 12 Sep 2016, 11:02

Période et album que je ne connais pas d'ailleurs, je vais remédier à ça tout de suite !

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par S1phonique Lun 12 Sep 2016, 11:04

Shocked je suis surprise et j'ai envie de dire que c'est Ballot(elli)

S1phonique
Chauve No Mercy

http://leseternels.net

Message par Bixl3r Lun 12 Sep 2016, 11:10

Pietro a écrit:Période et album que je ne connais pas d'ailleurs, je vais remédier à ça tout de suite !

Tu ferais mieux, se priver du triptyque death thrash des 90's de Testament, c'est criminel!

Edith : le live at the Fillmore est un bon exemple de la rage qu'animait Testament avec la sortie de Low : fini le rock sympatoche du début des 90's, la Bête était de retour et avait un appétit Goldorakien!!! :metalbeer:

Bixl3r
Bixl3r

Message par Pietro Lun 12 Sep 2016, 14:10

Il n'y a que l'album Low que je ne connais pas, à part les titres quoi sont sur le Live at the Fillmore justement. :kiss:

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par Bixl3r Lun 12 Sep 2016, 15:08

ah ba si tu connais demonic et the gathering, tu seras en terrain connu.
Bixl3r
Bixl3r

Message par Pietro Mer 12 Oct 2016, 16:50

Nouveau morceau:

Pingouin a écrit:9. Canna-Business ( :huh?: )
Preview New TESTAMENT Song 'Canna-Business' About Growing Legal Marijuana Industry

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par Pingouin Mer 12 Oct 2016, 20:24

Le point positif, c'est que c'est pas un thème de chanson usé jusqu'à la corde dans le Thrash comme la mort ou la guerre. Ca change un peu.
Pingouin
Pingouin

Message par Pingouin Jeu 20 Oct 2016, 15:56

Tout l'album est là : https://musicmp3.ru/artist_testament__album_brotherhood-of-the-snake.html#.WAjLT40kp9D

Première écoute donc pas d'avis. Mais ça a l'air un peu chiant, quand même. :huh?:
Pingouin
Pingouin

Message par Invité Jeu 20 Oct 2016, 16:10

Quand tu lis l'interview de Chuck dans le dernier Rock Hard, c'est peu dire que la passion pour cet opus ne transpire pas... Les idées étaient rares, et rassemblées seulement lors du studio... Rien qu'en lisant l'interview, je vois très bien le genre de disque fadasse que ça risque d'être. Un disque de professionnel, qui devaient sortir un disque, quoi.

Ouais, je pars défaitiste parce que merde.

Invité
Invité

Message par Pietro Jeu 20 Oct 2016, 17:50

C'est le meilleur moyen d'avoir une bonne surprise !
Bon la pochette est cool, c'est déja ça.

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par Pingouin Lun 31 Oct 2016, 17:27

Pingouin
Pingouin

Message par Invité Mar 01 Nov 2016, 21:27

Lambda.
L'album sera dans ce ton tout du long, et ce sera un disque lambda.
Mais je leur pardonne pour le chaos qu'il balancent en live à chaque fois.

On ne parlera pas de la vidéo, haha.

Invité
Invité

Message par Pietro Lun 07 Nov 2016, 13:05

J'ai eu de l'espoir avec les 3 premiers titres qui envoient bien, mais la réalité saute vite aux oreilles: c'est du thrash d'usine...
Bien sur je vais un peu persévérer mais comme le dit Droom y a qu'à lire les interviews pour comprendre que c'est un album fait à l'arrache et ça s'entend vraiment. Neutral
Et dire que le précédent, Dark Roots of the Earth, est carrément pour moi leur meilleur album !

UNCHAINED - This is Hell

Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 3 1, 2, 3  Suivant

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut