Le Forum des Éternels
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020) Empty CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020)

Message par Pietro Mar 06 Nov 2018, 12:30

Pietro a écrit:Enfin des nouvelles de Roy Khan:  Former KAMELOT Singer ROY KHAN Is Back With Reunited CONCEPTION; New EP Due This Fall
Et voila:

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020) Conceptionbandnov2018_638

Reactivated Norwegian progressive metallers CONCEPTION, who feature in their ranks former KAMELOT singer Roy Khan, have released their first new music in two decades, a three-song single called "Re:Conception".

A new CONCEPTION EP, "My Dark Symphony", will be made available on November 23. The EP will feature six tracks, including two from the single.

"Re:Conception" track listing:

01. Re:Conception
02. Grand Again
03. Feather Moves

"My Dark Symphony" track listing:

01. Re:Conception
02. Grand Again
03. Into The Wild
04. Quite Alright
05. The Moment
06. My Dark Symphony

Since releasing the album "Flow" in 1997, the CONCEPTION members — Roy Khan, Tore Østby, Ingar Amlien and Arve Heimdal — have been working on separate projects, but fans never gave up hope of seeing them together as a band again. There have been rumors and speculations for some time about a possible reunion, and earlier this year, they confirmed that they had quietly been working for some time on this new material.

After his departure from KAMELOT seven years ago, Khan (full name: Roy Sætre Khantatat), who is a devout Christian, joined a church in the coastal town of Moss, Norway. As an employee of Moss Frikirke, Khan worked with the youth, mainly with the choir and the skaters of the village. Roy stopped working at the church in September 2016, but is reportedly still living and working in Moss.

Asked by Italy's "Heavy Demons" radio show if his spirituality will have an effect on CONCEPTION's lyrics, Roy said: "CONCEPTION is never going to be a religious band by any standards and there are some lyrics that I would think now that I would think differently about, but that doesn't mean we can't play the songs or anything. I look upon myself as an artist and let's say you act in a theater play and 'Faust', for example, somebody has the play the part of Mephistopheles. It doesn't mean that person is evil or bad in any sense. I think it's important to be able to portray the tragic and darkest side of life without being suspected of being a bad person yourself. That being said, there will, of course, be some songs that will touch in on the themes. Anything else would be awkward. It's not going to be a religious album, obviously."

After releasing their 1991 "The Last Sunset" debut on its own CSF Records ("Conception Self-Financed Records"), CONCEPTION was signed by Germany's Noise Records when label head Karl-Ulrich Walterbach was given a demo tape of the band. Walterbach, who by then had largely soured on melodic and power metal, was impressed by CONCEPTION's progressive angle and thought-provoking lyrics and saw them as an alternative to the more fantasy-driven melodic metal bands on the label.

The band's 1993 "Parallel Minds" and 1995 "In Your Multitude" full-lengths were well-received by fans and critics alike, earning CONCEPTION opening slots with the likes of GAMMA RAY and SKYCLAD. CONCEPTION's last studio album, 1997's "Flow" was more experimental in nature, prompting them to fall out of favor with Noise, leading to the dissolution of the band in 1998. Shortly thereafter, Khan was contacted by KAMELOT leader Thomas Youngblood, who invited the Norwegian vocalist to join the band.

Khan announced his exit from KAMELOT in April 2011 after taking several months off to recover from a "burnout." He explained in a statement at the time: "I told the guys in the band already last fall (well after my burnout) that I was leaving the band. Naturally enough, they were shocked (as was the label and everyone else working with KAMELOT). In addition to risk of dropping ticket sales, they wanted to give me time to think things over, and so I did. My decision still stands; it is finished."

KAMELOT officially announced Tommy Karevik as its new lead singer in June 2012. The Florida-based band has recorded three albums so far with the Swedish vocalist: 2012's "Silverthorn", 2015's "Haven" and 2018's "The Shadow Theory".

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020) Conceptionreconceptionep

Dernière édition par Pietro le Lun 24 Fév 2020, 10:46, édité 1 fois

UNCHAINED - Only Half Alive

UNCHAINED - This is Hell
UNCHAINED - Black as your Soul
UNCHAINED - Conspiracy for Fools
UNCHAINED - The Great Disease (DRUM CAM)

Boutique en ligne UNCHAINED
Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020) Empty Re: CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020)

Message par Seosamh Mar 06 Nov 2018, 12:43

Putain, mais les pochettes de prog, c'est plus possible. :lol:

RYM
last.fm
Seosamh
Seosamh
Champion du Monde !!!

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020) Empty Re: CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020)

Message par sinii Mar 06 Nov 2018, 12:48

Il y a également le guitariste de Ark et le bassiste qui avait fondé Crest Of Darkness dans le line-up
sinii
sinii

Message par Sven Mar 06 Nov 2018, 19:44

Putain, la voix de Roy... :love:

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Sven
Sven
Doctor No Comprendo

http://www.leseternels.net

Message par eudus Mer 07 Nov 2018, 08:07

... toujours aussi belle, mais ces deux morceaux sont mous je trouve!

RYM,c'est fantastique
eudus
eudus
Webzine Temptation

Message par Pistolero Lun 26 Nov 2018, 22:59

Je le découvre. J'en verserais presque une larme d'émotion. Conception n'a rien perdu de sa magie.

Et puis Roy Khan, quoi. :love: C'était vraiment trop con qu'il se retire du monde du metal. Cela fait drôlement plaisir de le voir de retour. Et j'aime autant l'entendre dans Conception que dans du Kamelot d'usine.
Pistolero
Pistolero
God of Battles

Message par Pistolero Jeu 20 Fév 2020, 21:44

Nouvel album prévu pour le 3 avril !

CONCEPTION (feat. Roy Khan) - My Dark Symphony (EP) (23 novembre) + State Of Deception (album, 3 avril 2020) Conceptionstate

"State Of Deception" track listing:

01. In Deception
02. Of Raven And Pigs
03. Waywardly Broken
04. No Rewind
05. The Mansion (featuring Elize Ryd)
06. By The Blues
07. Anybody Out There
08. She Dragoon
09. Feather Moves (remastered)

Blabbermouth a écrit:Reactivated Norwegian progressive metallers CONCEPTION, who feature in their ranks former KAMELOT singer Roy Khan, will release their new album, "State Of Deception", on April 3. The band's first full-length offering in over two decades follows on from 2018's successful EP "My Dark Symphony", and will once again be released via CONCEPTION's own Conception Sound Factory label. A full European tour will take place later in the year.

"State Of Deception" follows a 20-year interval during which bandmembers Khan, Tore Østby, Ingar Amlien and Arve Heimdal remained friends throughout, and the album release marks a full-circle evolution of the band.

Khan says: "The reception we've had from fans made recording a new album almost inevitable; they'd have rioted if we didn't get this out. But we're mightily proud of what we have put together here; I actually think it's the best thing I've ever been involved in. We can't wait to share it with everyone."

Reflecting CONCEPTION's desire for an entirely direct relationship with its fans, the album is wholly fan-funded. Moreover, "State Of Deception" was wholly produced by the bandmembers themselves, with mixing duties handled by Stefan Glaumann (RAMMSTEIN, WITHIN TEMPTATION, EUROPE). The nine-song effort perfectly captures the band's trademark breadth of progressive sound, from symphonic melodrama to rock riff utopia, and features a guest appearance by AMARANTHE vocalist Elize Ryd.

Guitarist Tore Østby explains: "Producing this new album has been an emotional and exciting process, digging deeper into the heart and soul of the band than ever before. The result is dynamic and intense, it really feels like we managed to capture the state of CONCEPTION 2020.

"We've always said that we have a need to do what we feel is right for our music. We couldn't limit the musical scope of CONCEPTION even if we wanted to.'

"If we didn't think we were capable of surpassing our previous work, we wouldn't be here. We're super proud of every single track on this album."

"State Of Deception" track listing:

01. In Deception
02. Of Raven And Pigs
03. Waywardly Broken
04. No Rewind
05. The Mansion (featuring Elize Ryd)
06. By The Blues
07. Anybody Out There
08. She Dragoon
09. Feather Moves (remastered)

Regarding the decision to release the new album through CONCEPTION's own label, Khan says: "We've worked with record companies in the past, and by definition, the artist sits at arms length from their fanbase. We felt that was an unacceptable compromise."

"For an artist to see the reaction from a fan the first time they hear a new song is an extraordinarily powerful experience," offers Østby. "Whatever happens, these are shared encounters that will never leave us, band member or fan alike."

"State Of Deception" is both a definitive album release statement, as it is also a career milestone, recognizing a lyrical depth that acknowledges the current social climate.

Says Khan: "The lyrics of the album revolve around human error and betrayal, hence the album title, but also touch upon everything from people's facade to climate change, religion and politics."

Source
Pistolero
Pistolero
God of Battles

Message par Sven Ven 21 Fév 2020, 16:05

Pas sûr d'avoir écouté l'EP :huh?:

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Sven
Sven
Doctor No Comprendo

http://www.leseternels.net

Message par Pistolero Ven 06 Mar 2020, 14:38

premier extrait
Pistolero
Pistolero
God of Battles

Message par Pistolero Ven 20 Mar 2020, 15:54

2ème extrait
Pistolero
Pistolero
God of Battles

Message par Pietro Mar 12 Oct 2021, 22:23

UNCHAINED - Only Half Alive

UNCHAINED - This is Hell
UNCHAINED - Black as your Soul
UNCHAINED - Conspiracy for Fools
UNCHAINED - The Great Disease (DRUM CAM)

Boutique en ligne UNCHAINED
Pietro
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut