ME AND THAT MAN (NERGAL) - Songs Of Love And Death (24 mars)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

ME AND THAT MAN (NERGAL) - Songs Of Love And Death (24 mars)

Message par Pietro le Mer 15 Fév 2017, 15:19

Nergal de Behemoth sort un album solo/side project de folk sombre à la Johnny Cash, en gros.

ME AND THAT MAN will release its debut album, "Songs Of Love And Death", on March 24 through Cooking Vinyl. Today, the band has released a new video for the album track "Ain't Much Loving", which you watch below. "Ain't Much Loving" follows the album's lead single, "My Church Is Black", which launched last month.

ME AND THAT MAN pairs BEHEMOTH founder, songwriter and singer Adam "Nergal" Darski with British/Polish rock musician John Porter. With the release of this side project, the duo puts away any pre-conceived ideas about what heavy music "should" be. The project draws heavily on blues, country and folk to make music as dark as if it was being screamed over shredding guitars.

"Songs Of Love And Death" is a dark journey through sun-bleached, dusty plains, soundtracked by low-slung acoustic guitars and steeped in the rawest essence of rock and blues. The duo's debut will prove to be a revelatory affair for BEHEMOTH's huge global fan base, while simultaneously luring many more people into Nergal's artistic world. Fans of everything from Nick Cave, DANZIG, Leonard Cohen and Johnny Cash's American Recordings, through to the grim, frontier polemic of WOVENHAND will find countless mesmerizing moments on the album.

"This album is not meant to turn ME AND THAT MAN fans into BEHEMOTH fans," Nergal notes. "If one day they follow, okay. Something like 'My Church Is Black' is a strong declaration, a song that naturally invites people from the extreme metal world, and perhaps they'll want to enter this world too. They might even like it. With ME AND THAT MAN, I'm telling simple stories in a simple way, not overloaded with metaphors and hidden meanings. It's just got to be as natural, organic and stripped down as it can be."

He further explains: "With ME AND THAT MAN, the songs just come out in a very organic way. One would be bluesy, one would be more of a ballad, but put together they all made sense. I need ME AND THAT MAN to keep the balance, as the potential of my mother band seems limitless. It gets bigger and bigger, more advanced and more sophisticated... and darker ...and blacker. But ME AND THAT MAN is at the opposite pole, artistically speaking. With all the best art, once you have it in you, you have to release it, otherwise it becomes intoxicating and dangerous to your own system. This is how I deal with my emotions and my dark feelings and shadows. This is not happy music, but it's liberating."

"This is a side-project, but I don't really know what it's going to grow into," Nergal concludes. The idea was just to get this music out to people. There's no hidden agenda. It is what it is, and if you like it, it's cool. If you don't, that's cool too. This is the battle we've already won."

Plans are underway for a series of live dates in Europe around the release of the album and across the U.S. in April/May. Stay tuned for further details soon.

"Songs Of Love And Death" features artwork by Daniel P. Carter and is available for pre-order now.

"Songs Of Love And Death" track listing:

01. My Church Is Black
02. Nightride
03. On The Road
04. Cross My Heart And Hope To Die
05. Better The Devil I Know
06. Of Sirens, Vampires and Lovers
07. Magdalene
08. Love & Death
09. One Day
10. Shaman Blues
11. Voodoo Queen
12. Get Outta This Place
13. Ain't Much Loving

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: ME AND THAT MAN (NERGAL) - Songs Of Love And Death (24 mars)

Message par Seosamh le Mer 15 Fév 2017, 15:57

Je viens d'écouter My Church is Black. Ça a pas l'air excellentissime, mais je préfère déjà ça à l'intégrale de Behemoth, donc je vais quand même jeter une oreille sur l'album quand ça sortira.

Dernière édition par Seosamh le Ven 10 Mar 2017, 17:48, édité 1 fois

Exorcizer : Facebook | Bandcamp
Seosamh

Message par Sven le Mer 15 Fév 2017, 16:36

Moi non ^^

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Sven

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.leseternels.net

Message par Onionizuka le Jeu 16 Fév 2017, 10:33

Musicalement ça va mais le chant, pas trop ma came. Aussi bien celui de Nergal que de John Porter.

Je vais sans doute passer mon chemin
Onionizuka

Message par Winter le Jeu 16 Fév 2017, 10:58

Je viens d'écouter le second morceau et je touve ça moche également.

Old El Paso

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur https://www.facebook.com/LaDagueDeJade?fref=ts

Message par Winter le Ven 10 Mar 2017, 17:59

Je trouve ça caricatural, franchement.

Old El Paso

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur https://www.facebook.com/LaDagueDeJade?fref=ts

Message par Bixl3r le Sam 11 Mar 2017, 14:13

Totalement d'accord avec Winter, caricatural à mort! Si je veux du spirituel folk habité, j'écoute Wovenhand :

Le machin à Nergal là, ça sonne faux, creux, dommage....
Bixl3r

Message par Pietro le Mer 31 Mai 2017, 10:39

"Magdalene", the new video from ME AND THAT MAN, which pairs BEHEMOTH founder, songwriter and singer Adam "Nergal" Darski with British/Polish rock musician John Porter, can be seen below. The clip was directed by Zev Deans and shot on location in Poland.

Ever the firebrand, Nergal stated about the inspiration for the video: "Well… let's say Jesus walked this earth. Let's say he really was a leader of a new founded sect. And look around… every guru, every charismatic leader, they were surrounded by many gorgeous women of which I'm sure they took advantage of. I bet Jesus was no different. But one day, like every other Casanova, he falls in love with one woman. Let's say her name was… Magdalene. She's resistant to his adoration, so he pulls out the strongest cards to prove his love and devotion for her. He changes water to wine, walks on the water… just to convince her. What's the result of his attempts? Listen to the song and find out yourself."

Deans states: "Here I present to you a simple tale of religious devotion, by way of Marquis de Sade. This little morsel was lensed by fashion photographer Ryan Michael Kelly, and it stars the salacious Nikki Delmonico. The band footage is a combination of the brilliant work of Grupa 13 and my own Kodak Super 8 footage, shot on location in Poland. I hope you enjoy!"

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut